Pages

October 30, 2010

Leaving our mark

I love October.

Fall is hands down my favorite time of year. This morning, the first thing Nate said to me was "Trick or treat!"-he is soooo excited about Halloween and how people "put the candy in the pumpkin". It is way too cute.

But this October has been about way more than leaves changing colors and kids dressing up in costume. This October I really feel like this wonderful group I have been so blessed to become part of, has left our mark. Together, we are doing amazing, amazing things. And I can only see it continuing to grow and reach people each year.

In honor of October being Spina Bifida Awareness month, I created a "flyer" to send out to friends and family that donated to our Walk and Roll as a sort of thank you and a way to educate, update and spread awareness. I hope to do this each and every year in the month of October. Next year I hope to include yellow awareness lapel pins for everyone (I tried to make my own like I did last year but I had a hard time finding a marker that wouldn't bleed on the ribbon).

And this is just ME. I don't even feel like I really did enough.

But together we sold over 700 shirts advocating for SB awareness and joined together thousands of people for a day of prayer. (**Update-the woman I wrote about here has decided to keep her baby! See, AMAZING things!!!)

Thank you to all our friends and family who donated, are helping spreading awareness by sporting a t-shirt , prayed with us and continue to be such an encouragement and source of strength in our lives. We love you.

And to my sb family-being a part of all this amazingness and being able to share our lives with you as well as yours with us has left no doubt in my mind that we are right where we are meant to be. Hugs!!!!

Here is the flyer I sent out:



5 comments:

  1. LOVE the posters! I made up a pamphlet for when I sell my calenders and fundraise for my walk in June (SB month in Ontario).
    Your posters are fantastic! Think I might snag that idea for next spring!

    I often feel that I am right where I am meant to be. It's a nice feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! I loved "seeing" Him work this month! It's times like these that refresh and renew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this flyer! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great flyer!! I love the idea of sending that out!!! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete