I'm not sure how or when it started. The family feud, that is, over a bowl. A yellow bowl. I don't know too much about it really, other than it was my Gramma's and it was coveted by her children (my dad, his brothers and their wives). I also know that my mom really wanted it, but my uncle got it. And likes to remind us whenever he can, that he got it. Even going as far as labeling it in photos on facebook. Well. As I was uploading photos, I realized that I have a yellow bowl in my family on the Burnett side. And it is nearly identical. Surely you all can appreciate the irony of having a yellow bowl show up on ravioli day (post to come later). However, nobody other than my parents, aunts and uncles can understand what it meant to me when I realized that I could someday be the proud owner of this yellow bowl. Once I filled Ryan in on the whole story, he decided that we must have it. First thing tomorrow morning I am going to call my wonderful mother-in-law and fill her in on this decision too! Hopefully she can tell me the origins of her yellow bowl and in reading this my parents, aunts and uncles can fill me in on the history of theirs. I, for one, think it makes for a great story. How about you?
Pages
January 01, 2010
The Yellow Bowl
I'm not sure how or when it started. The family feud, that is, over a bowl. A yellow bowl. I don't know too much about it really, other than it was my Gramma's and it was coveted by her children (my dad, his brothers and their wives). I also know that my mom really wanted it, but my uncle got it. And likes to remind us whenever he can, that he got it. Even going as far as labeling it in photos on facebook. Well. As I was uploading photos, I realized that I have a yellow bowl in my family on the Burnett side. And it is nearly identical. Surely you all can appreciate the irony of having a yellow bowl show up on ravioli day (post to come later). However, nobody other than my parents, aunts and uncles can understand what it meant to me when I realized that I could someday be the proud owner of this yellow bowl. Once I filled Ryan in on the whole story, he decided that we must have it. First thing tomorrow morning I am going to call my wonderful mother-in-law and fill her in on this decision too! Hopefully she can tell me the origins of her yellow bowl and in reading this my parents, aunts and uncles can fill me in on the history of theirs. I, for one, think it makes for a great story. How about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're Uncle Mark always wanted gramma's yellow bowl, and I thought why does he get it? One day gramma and I were watching a video of Uncle Marks new home he purchased and I seen the yellow bowl in the video. I looked at gramma...she just gave this look like he TOOK it! I was not happy...One day I will get that yellow bowl back from you Mark!
ReplyDelete