Pages

January 16, 2010

Self help take 2

Remember when I wrote about Nathan's new OT goals? One of them was feeding himself 50% of the time with assistance to scoop. I took a couple pics of him attempting (and promptly giving up and using his hands). Well, here is an update.



I don't know why this made me cry, but it did. I realize it's progress, a milestone met, one therapy goal made. But it's also one more thing he doesn't need me for anymore. And once upon a time not so long ago, he used to look so small in that chair. As much as I hate it I am all too quickly watching my baby turn into a big boy. Yesterday at Target I bought him two shirts that were on clearance. Do you know what size they were? 2T! 2T! I simply can not wrap my mind around the fact that my little baby is officially out of the baby section. I also can't help but look longingly at all the baby clothes when I now walk past the baby section instead of shopping in it. ;) Sigh.

I'd say he did a pretty good job! (Never mind all the yogurt that ended up on his bib-he really did get quite a bit in his mouth!)

6 comments:

  1. Well it made me smile!! I love how he just kept shoveling it in his mouth. GOOD JOB NATE - but you're right, he looks like such a big boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan did a good job getting it in his mouth! I like hearing the moan of mother in the back ground as well! Valerie and I watched this together, she cried and I just smiled. Our Nathan wants to learn so much and there is no stopping him now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph i said i need to see that in person but it made me cry... And when he said his first words it made me cry...he is growing up way too fast!! Aunt Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! He looks like a pro.... who cares what went in his bib, grown ups do that too!!! Well done Nate, you are a star xxxxx Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. My Kasey is about to be 18 months on February 3rd and although she's tiny for her age and only in 12 month old clothing- she is doing big girl stuff and mastering skills that 24 month olds are supposed to just be starting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww. My son will be 1 next month. It just seems like yesterday we were living in the NICU.... how time flies!

    ReplyDelete