Gardens and vegetable growing is not something new to Ryan's side of the family. I have made the most wonderful salads with fresh romaine and arugula from Ryan's grandparent's garden this summer. And recently, the crookneck squash that Grandma D deemed "Nathan's squash", was ready to be picked. I failed to take a picture of this beautiful vegetable (actually two-they were siamese twins, joined together!) before they met their demise in a pot of boiling water. They were absolutely georgeous though-and totally pesticide free! I cleaned, sliced and boiled them, then put them in the food processor with a little of the leftover water. Next, I put the puree into an ice cube tray to freeze for later. I filled an entire tray! While I was at it I boiled some sweet potato, which you also see in the picture. I am trying to be creative with my cooking for Nathan-I want him to have a large palette. I am picking up some interesting recipes here and there so if you have any good ones, please send them my way!
Pages
August 17, 2009
Grandma D's summer squash
Gardens and vegetable growing is not something new to Ryan's side of the family. I have made the most wonderful salads with fresh romaine and arugula from Ryan's grandparent's garden this summer. And recently, the crookneck squash that Grandma D deemed "Nathan's squash", was ready to be picked. I failed to take a picture of this beautiful vegetable (actually two-they were siamese twins, joined together!) before they met their demise in a pot of boiling water. They were absolutely georgeous though-and totally pesticide free! I cleaned, sliced and boiled them, then put them in the food processor with a little of the leftover water. Next, I put the puree into an ice cube tray to freeze for later. I filled an entire tray! While I was at it I boiled some sweet potato, which you also see in the picture. I am trying to be creative with my cooking for Nathan-I want him to have a large palette. I am picking up some interesting recipes here and there so if you have any good ones, please send them my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so impressed with how you are trying to feed Nathan organic! That's great!
ReplyDelete