Pages

August 17, 2009

Here goes...

I follow a couple other blogs who do this "Not me!" Monday thing but I have never really been brave enough to join the bandwagon. However, after reading over some of them the other night before heading to bed, I actally laid there with a small smile on my face, thinking "Wow. I am actually normal!" Initally, reading other mommy blogs made me feel like I wasn't doing enough. I actually thought these women were, well, perfect. So not the case. But in a good way! And I thought if they could admit their imperfections then I could too! Hopefully I am not going too far out on a limb here. Well, anyway, lets get on with it.

(Drumroll, please)




Not me Monday was born out of one mother's desire to admit her imperfections and moments she'd rather forget. Lets face it, we all have these moments! So, without further ado, here are some things I did NOT do this week:


In preparing to return to work yesterday, I certainly did not realize that I still hadn't organized our linnen closet. Which was one of the top things on my "list of things to do this summer". I always get things done and would never go an entire three months without getting around to organizing one simple closet. That would be ridiculous, and definately something I would not do!

After hanging out with my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and neice and nephew at the local water park, it did not occur to me that it had been awhile since Nathan had lunch. Upon further thought, I did not realize that he had lunch nearly 6 hours ago and should have been starving by now! I would never be so wrapped up in tubing down a lazy river that I would forget to feed my own baby! No, not me!

And upon learning that it had been ,ahem , a few hours since his last feeding, I certainly did not just give him a bottle to tide him over until we got to the place where we all were eating dinner so I could feed him there. And this place did not happen to be Chipotle, which I most certainly do not have an addiction to. And if we did go there, I would never even dream of feeding my 14 month old Chipotle rice and guacamole for dinner. No way, I only feed him healthy, nutritous food!

And lastly, this evening, after deciding that it was time to start weaning him off the paci once and for all, I did not go into his room when he was fussing with the intention of calmly soothing him back to sleep without the paci. No, I didn't go in there, not even slightly annoyed that I had to leave my post at the computer, and just give in within the first 30 seconds just so I could get back to what I was doing. Nope, I would never give in that easily! Not me!

Whew, that felt good! Now that I was brave enough to share...lets see if you are! What things did you NOT do this week?

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! I'm with you on the not me Mondays! LOL There's a million little things I'd hate to actually admit...so I won't--HAHA!!! :)

    ReplyDelete