Pages

March 03, 2010

Bring it on!

This little boy of mine is going to move mountains, I just know it! It's absolutely amazing what new things he learns from week to week. Because there is SO much, I am going to make a top 10 list.

10. He is now pointing. At everything. And it is too cute!
9. Nate is beginning to test his limits with us. And I couldn't be happier. Why, you ask? Because it's normal almost-two-year-old behavior! NORMAL!!!
8. He is still getting himself up onto all fours all the time-and recently started reaching for objects with one hand! HUGE progress!
7. He is a GOOD eater (and I am probably jinxing myself as I write this). Black olives, artichoke, cous cous, green beans, he eats it all!
6. His current favorite word is "car" pronounced "argh" kind of like a pirate. Every time we go "bye-bye" he points at every car he sees and says "argh!".
5. He can now get into a sitting position from the floor (laying) all by himself! He has been working so hard at this!
4. I'm amazed, but he can actually point to different objects as I count them. I'll say, "lets count the strawberries" and he'll point to each individual one while I count.
3. He is really coming along with his speech. His therapist couldn't be more impressed. Some new things he is saying (besides "argh") are nigh-nigh, eye, hi, neigh (horse), (oooo) cow, ba (sheep) and he can make "s" and "t" sounds.
2. While Ryan and I were away on a much needed mini-get away, his Nana taught him how to do the Itsy Bitsy Spider with his hands. It's so adorable to watch him try!
1. Today in PT he sat upright, unsupported on a stool for a long period of time. This takes a tremendous amount of balance and trunk control-and is a testament to how hard he has worked and how far he has come! We are so proud of our little guy! Here are some pictures from today:



kneeling and playing



pointing at something



sitting so big and tall!

5 comments:

  1. Go Nathan! Great Job! Love the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan loves to listen to music, and you will be very impressed on how he knows all of his flash cards that are put in front of him! It was fun teaching him the Itsy Bitsy spider, but he gets shy for some reason... Keep going Nathan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute. Glad to see he's keeping the glasses on. Remember he won't eat carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! How wonderful! So great to hear success stories! It helps me to be patient and positive. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is really growing fast now. You will be suprised at what he will do over the next 6 mos.

    ReplyDelete