Pages

December 09, 2009

Two of the same

Our first Christmas living together we bought a big tree. Our moms gave us ornaments from our childhoods to decorate our tree and I was excited to intermingle them together for the first time. As we were pulling out ornaments we realized we had two of the same ornaments. The exact same. It was a really wierd moment, and no amount of thinking could conjure up where each of us aquired them. My only guess is that we got it in girl/boy scouts and the troop mom was the same for both (I think I might even know who it is-I recognize the handwriting and she had a son and daughter our age). So, now it has become tradition that each year as we decorate the tree we look for these exact same ornaments and find them a special place on the tree next to each other.



We also have two "Baby's First Christmas 1980" ornaments. They aren't the same but we're still not sure which blongs to who. Or whom. Whatever. I think mine is the one with the girl on the horse and his is the one with the teddy bear. Moms, could you help us out on this one?





Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny...Jeremy and I have the exact same 1979 Baby's 1st Christmas ball ornaments--we realized it our 1st Christmas after our mom's gave us our decorations and we put them up...I laughed to hear you guys had a similar experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, your grandmother wanted to buy your 1st Christmas ornament the year you were born. She picked out the one with the girl on the horse. It will always be a memeory year after year.

    ReplyDelete