Lately I have been having a great debate about whether to cut Nathan's hair or just let it be. On the one hand, I was practically bald until I was 2 (and my mom reminds me and everyone else this all the time) so I am thankful that Nathan actually has hair. On the other hand...it's starting to get really long in the front and if I don't keep it swept to the side it hangs in his eyes. I take great care after his baths to comb it just right, so no parts are sticking up and it lays nicely. Right after bath time it looks great. But after a nap or a night in his crib-forget it. It's all nappy and poufy and sticks up in random places. No amount of hand licking will fix it (and belive me, I've tried!) Here are some photos that illustrate just what I am dealing with:
View from the left. This is the famous "pouf".
View from the right, which looks like a wicked comb over (that one is for you Jen P!) The tape is from his shunt revision last week. It seems to be healing nicely.
Right in the next town they have the cutest barber shop for kids where he could get his first proper haircut. They even have a police car he could sit in (my hope is that I can win Ryan over with this last bit of information). As much as I don't want to face it, my baby is ever so quickly growing into a toddler. Just a little haircut wouldn't be that bad, right? Just a few quick snips and no more pouf...I think I could handle that.
If he stats looking like Trump, he needs a hair cut
ReplyDeleteI FINALLY found your blog and am playing catch up. Love the "wicked comb over"!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that revision is behind you. no fun indeed. Did you know that Owen once had a back to back revision like that b/c the first got clogged. So frustrating and scary. Nathan is so lucky to have you guys right there for him.
so is the pouf gone? it is so cute.