Pages

July 13, 2009

Overwhelmed and out of time

This is exactly how I have been feeling lately. The school year is quickly approaching and soon I'll have to leave my little boy to go back to work. There are so many things I haven't done (I had grand plans over the summer to go through filing cabinets and organize pictures and closets-needless to say I haven't touched any of that yet) and there are still so many things I want to do. I think I am feeling like I am out of time because we seem to have something booked almost every day. If it isn't therapy or doctors appointments its running errands or doing yard work or cleaning house. I kinda feel like I haven't accomplished anything in the weeks I have been off. So it is time to get my rear in gear and enjoy what time I have left. Ryan just put in for a weeks vacation the end of this month and the three of us are going to take a little road trip to Michigan (okay, confession time. We chose to go to Michigan in part because of those commercials on the radio...every time Ryan hears the one about fishing he declares "We're moving to Michigan!") If mother nature would start cooperating we could go swimming in our pool again (in July-imagine that!). I have a LONG OVERDUE girls weekend planned with some old college friends and date nights with Ryan and trips to the Shedd and Brookfield Zoo in the works. I'm going to enjoy this summer if it kills me!

1 comment:

  1. With all these fun activities planned, how will you catch up on those "must do" things. I say have fun while you can.

    ReplyDelete