Pages

August 10, 2011

Smarty pants

Today at pool therapy, Nate noticed some figurines up high on the windowsill in the pool room.  He asked his therapist what they were and she explained they were statues.

"Like the statue of liberty!"

She looks at me, wide eyed.

"How does he know about the Statue of Liberty?!"

I explained that he is in love with the "big buildings" in Chicago and so one day we looked at skylines in various cities online.  Chicago.  San Francisco.  New York.

Later, I told Ryan this story and he laughed.  Then I went into another room and yelled for him to ask Nate if he could remember what city the Statue of Liberty is in.

"Hey Nate, where is the Statue of Liberty?"

After a short pause, Nate replies "New York."

Smarty pants.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!

    He IS a smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb LOVES the Statue of Liberty, although he has never actually seen it. There is a video on YouTube about the SOL and he loves to watch it. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete