Dear Baby Boy,
I don't want you to look back and think my entire pregnancy with you was overlooked. Time is flying by and in 9 short weeks you will be here. And although right now we can't imagine our lives with 2 beautiful boys, I know that after you arrive we won't be able to remember it any other way.
Your daddy and I talk about you all the time. I've started using your name more and more and even told your big brother, finally. For the longest time he thought your name was Joe. But now he knows. Except if you ask him, he'll say "Shhh, it's a secret!"
We put your crib together the other day. Finally cleared out enough room in your nursery to start arranging the furniture in there. Your brother wanted to sit in "his" baby bed. But I made sure to tell him that it wasn't his anymore. It's for you now.
Sometimes he will rub my belly and ask about you. He knows you are in there. I think he is beginning to think you may never come out! But you just hang tight, you still have some growing to do yet. Your daddy likes to feel you move in my belly. Your kicks and punches are getting more forceful. You sure are active! As soon as I sit or lay down, you are right there telling me you are awake. I've been having fun trying to guess which body parts I am feeling. An elbow? A knee? Your little rump?
All of your family is getting so excited about your arrival. You will have a little cousin that is just a couple weeks older than you, and another cousin that is only about 6 months older. Lots and lots of boys for you to grow up with. And one princess. I got some of your brother's newborn clothes back from your Auntie Gina the other day. Your cousin Zach used them too. It's been fun to go through them and remember how little your brother was and to see Zach wearing them. I can't wait for you to wear them, too.
You'll be here before we know it, but there is still much to do. Just a little more organizing in your closet, washing your newborn clothes, and getting crafty with some adorable dinosaur fabric I found and your nursery will be ready for you. I hope you like dinosaurs!
So, little baby boy, we have not forgotten about you. It's just the opposite. Although I feel like I didn't have as much time to just sit and enjoy my pregnancy with you I have enjoyed every minute you being a part of me. I love each kick and consider all my aches and pains a blessing. You are a true gift, and we can't wait to meet you. We know you are going to be the perfect addition to our family.
So just relax in mommy's tummy for awhile longer. Give us a little more time to finish everything for your arrival. Soon, you will be here and our hearts will be overflowing with love for you. Love we never even knew we had. And we couldn't imagine it any other way.
awwwwwww. You look beautiful. so excited to meet this little guy!
ReplyDeleteSo sweeeet!!! I can't wait to meet him. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSo so so beautiful!! Oh, there is nothing more beautiful than the anticipation of a new life. I'm so excited for you guys. :)
ReplyDelete