Pages

November 24, 2009

Magnificent Mile

Due to the unseasonably warm weather last weekend, I decided to tag along on one of my sister-in-law's traditional outings. Years past had brought very cold temps, snow and rain but this year was absolutely beautiful. Although I was apprehensive of how Nathan would react to the crowd, lights and sounds (what I should have been worried about was my brother-in-law's, ahem, driving skills) it turned out to be a fun night for all. Nate was a trooper (as usual) and nearly made it through the whole Festival of Lights parade without falling asleep. Notice I said nearly. Up until then he was completely mesmerized by all the lights and things to see. Fortunately Grandma D was there so I found time to snap a few pictures. Had my new lens with me (the one with no zoom) so I found it a little difficult to maneuver though the crowd to back up or move in to get the shot I wanted. But I certainly enjoyed trying! Here are some of my favorites from the evening.













2 comments:

  1. These are great Stephanie! You don't know how close I came to buying this lens on Amazon after I saw them...but I resisted...for now. Christmas and my birthday are coming up. Although I sort of want the lens BEFORE Christmas-for documentation purposes, you know? SO tempting.

    ReplyDelete