Pages

October 13, 2011

Early arrival

Today is my due date.

Today, my baby is 5 weeks 2 days old.

I find it humorous (and a little ironic) that I am finally getting around to blogging again on my original due date.  I also find it humorous that I remember saying to Ryan just days before he was born that "I really want him to have an October birthday" to which Ryan replied, "Of course he'll have an October birthday, why wouldn't he?"  And the one I keep replaying in my head was my response when people would ask how I was feeling, "I'm anxious to get this show on the road."

I didn't mean it literally.

So now, finally, I am getting around to formally blogging about the birth of our second baby,




Lucas Ryan Burnett
September 6, 2011
6 lbs 9 ounces

Although his birth did not go the way I planned and he spent 18 days in the NICU, although I anticipated him being as big as or bigger than his brother and he barely has any clothes the fit him, although I thought I had at least a few more weeks to prepare, he is perfect.

I won't lie, those weeks he spent in the hospital were excruciating.  I was so angry that I had to go through the agony of not being able to hold him or take him home right away. So angry in fact that I couldn't even blog or write about it.  I was torn between being there for my big boy who needed me because he didn't understand what was going on and being at the hospital for my baby who was trying to get better.  All the while feeling helpless and sorry for myself because I couldn't take care of either of them the way I wanted or needed to.

But, praise God, Lucas is home and looking back it all just seems like a bad dream now. 


 Now, everything is as it should be.


I have my two beautiful boys,


And I couldn't feel more blessed.

A very special thank you to my family who took time off of work and spent time away from their homes to help us.  We could have never gotten through those few weeks without you.  Also to my neighbors who so unselfishly offered to help in any way they could.  Just the offer, and knowing you were thinking of us helped more than you could possibly know.  And to all my prayer warriors-I truly believe it was through power of prayer that Lucas continued to improve as quickly as he did.  The outpouring of love and support from everyone was humbling and helped us to get through some very difficult days.  Thank you all so, so much.

2 comments:

  1. So absolutely gorgeous. I'm so sorry that you had to go through the hospital journey again. That's exactly what it's like - a bad dream. One that you'll never have to relive because you're all home now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so so so beautiful! I just love that last picture. Melt. My. Heart. I'm so very glad you are all finally home and blogging again. :) Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete